Sunday, April 17, 2011

Florida Registration for my Car Hauling Trailer

We have an enclosed trailer for hauling a car behind our motor home. It has a special paint job that matched the Monaco Signature 40' motor home that we had before trading for the Monaco Monarch we now have. Rather than trading it with the Signature, we decided to keep it in case we needed it to use as a utility trailer. At present, it is being used to store our lawn equipment. It has an out-of-state tag and registration, and I would like to obtain a Florida registration instead. This has become a hassle.

First, I downloaded the applicatiion form for Florida and filled it out. Then I took the title, along with the completed application to the local tag agency. I was told that I needed to get the identification number verified since the trailer was titled out of state. I ask the General Mananger of the dealership that occupies my old dealership property to come by and verify the number. Then I took that back to the tag agency. At that point, I was told that I needed to take the trailer to a scale and obtain a weight slip. Yesterday, I hooked the Hummer up to the trailer intending on having it weighed, only to realize that the trailer had a different wiring connector than was on the Hummer. I went out and purchased the proper connector. Now I will wire the new connector to the trailer so I can haul the trailer to the scales and have it weighed. Hopefully, I will then be able to take the paperwork back to the tag agency and optain a Florida tag and registration. I'll let you know how it all works out in a future post.

                                  ~Update on our new dog~

Skeeter


Our new dog, Skeeter, is doing well. He is turning out to be a fantastic pet. He never barks unless someone comes to the door, then only once, just to let us know. He sleeps as late as we do, so he doesn't interupt our rest. He goes out without needing a leash, and comes when we call him. I was reluctant to get a dog, especially since we already have two cats. I have to admit, though, that he was a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment