I have compiled a list of anecdotes that contains information that you probably have absolutely no need for, but may find interesting to know. I have no idea if this miscellaneous information is correct, so please do not bash me if you find any faults in its authenticity.
· If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on the right side of your mouth. If you are a left hander, you will tend to chew your food on the left side of your mouth.
· To make half a kilo of honey, bees must collect nectar from over 2 million individual flowers.
· Communications giant Nokia was founded in 1865 as a wood-pulp mill by Fredrik Idestam.
· Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!
· Albert Einstein was offered the presidency of Israel in 1952, but he declined.
· Astronauts cannot belch - there is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs.
· Ancient Roman, Chinese and German societies often used urine as mouthwash.
· The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. In the Renaissance era, it was fashion to shave them!
· Because of the speed at which Earth moves around the Sun, it is impossible for a solar eclipse to last more than 7 minutes and 58 seconds.
· Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros
· Gold is the only metal that doesn't rust, even if it's buried in the ground for thousands of years.
· Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end
· If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
· Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals
· Kites were used in the American Civil War to deliver letters and newspapers.
· For every real Christmas tree harvested, two to three seedlings are planted in its place.
· Drinking water after eating reduces the acid in your mouth by 61 percent.
· Peanut oil is used for cooking in submarines because it doesn't smoke unless it's heated above 450°F.
· The Shell Oil Company originally began as a novelty shop in London that sold seashells.
· The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
· Nine out of every 10 living things live in the ocean.
· The banana cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.
· The University of Alaska spans four time zones.
· The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself.
· Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil) and Mazaru (Speak no evil).
· Warner Communications paid $28 million for the copyright to the song Happy Birthday.
· A comet's tail always points away from the sun.
· The Swine Flu vaccine in 1976 caused more death and illness than the disease it was intended to prevent.
· Caffeine increases the power of aspirin and other painkillers. That is why it is found in some medicines.
· The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when knights in armor raised their visors to reveal their identity.
· If you get into the bottom of a well or a tall chimney and look up, you can see stars, even in the middle of the day.
· When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go. The first sense lost is sight.
· In ancient times strangers shook hands to show that they were unarmed
· Strawberries are the only fruits whose seeds grow on the outside
· The moon moves about two inches away from the Earth each year
· The Earth gets 100 tons heavier every day due to falling space dust
· Due to earth's gravity it is impossible for mountains to be higher than 15,000 meters
· Soldiers do not march in step when going across bridges because they could set up a vibration which could be sufficient to knock the bridge down
· The painting that won second place in a competition held by the US National Academy of Design was hanging upside down when it was judged
· Everything weighs one percent less at the equator
· For every extra kilogram carried on a space flight, 530 kg of excess fuel are needed at lift-off
· In 2011, July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. This apparently happens once every 823 years!