Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goodbye Keys

Well, all good things have to come to an end. We packed up this morning and left our campsite in Marathon. Sandra and Jason packed their bags from the motel room, and we all headed up the overseas highway. They needed to pick up their rental car in Ft. Lauderdale, so thats where we headed.

Dodie developed a really bad eye infection, so we had to change our plans for our return trip. Our original plan was to drop the kids off in Ft. Lauderdale, then I would drive the motor home with the jet boat behind, while Dodie drove the Hummer, following me. With her eye infection, I was afraid for her to drive. This presented a problem...... I can't pull both the boat and the Hummer at the same time.

I made a call to Frank Becker, who I caught offshore from Key West fishing, and ask if I could leave the jet boat at his house in Ft. Lauderdale. He most graciously told me that I could. I kept our 52' Californian motor yacht at his dock for a couple years, so he didn't seem to mind a little jet boat there for a couple days.

Sandra and Jason met us at Frank's house after picking up their rental car, and left us the Hummer. I unhooked the jet boat from the motor home, and then hooked up the Hummer. We drove to Okeechobee City and checked into Silver Palms RV Village, a five star RV resort. I can ceretainly understand why Woodalls gave them a five star rating..... it is absolutely "First Rate". I promise to include pictures tomorrow. 

It was sad parting company with Sandra, Jason, Evan and AJ. We had a wonderful visit with them during the past five days. They will be visiting with Sandra's Mom in Venice, Florida for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment